b Riding East: Kind in Einschlummern

Monday, January 20, 2014

Kind in Einschlummern

I appear to be going through another Schumann period (episode?).


I went back and started reading some of his KinderSzenen a day ago. I decided to record the Kind in Einschlummern this afternoon. I first did a recording via iPhone in the Smule Sing! Karaoke App. I then used a better recording device for this second recording, link below.

Kind im Einschlummern from Schumann's KinderSzenen Op. 15

The scenes from childhood are easier pieces but, not to be confused with his Album für die Jugend (Album for the Young), were not written for children per se. The titles to each song, like much of Schumann's work, apparently came late. I suppose you shouldn't read too much into any of the titles other than to explore more ideas of how to interpret each piece. Yet this song, and taken in from the whole cycle, certainly seems to suggest that the days of innocent youth are nothing more than reminiscences now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home